Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Happy Day!

Focus T25 is here!




Seriously so excited! I actually fell asleep reading the nutrition guide that comes with it...Haha! Fitness nerd all the way. I often fall asleep looking at makeup, clothes, fitness inspiration, or watching some horrible reality TV show (don't judge me please!) Anyway, we are officially starting on July 15th and we currently have 51 members in our private Focus T25 Challenge Group on Facebook and it keeps on growing! Let me know if you have any questions about this program and want to join the group.


Looking at the schedule I'm thinking Dan and I will do the Focus T25 workout at night and in the morning I will probably just go to the gym and do some lifting. Who knows maybe I will just be loving T25 by itself! Stay tuned!


Also I've been OBSESSED with the Vanilla Shakeology. Vanilla is such a versatile flavor and you can mix in so many things! I've done a Banana Bread mix, Orange Dreamsicle mix, and a Peanut Butter mix. All three AMAZING! 




4th of July is right around the corner! Yea like tomorrow ;) Holidays like this are usually REALLY difficult for people to stick with the healthy eating they strive for. Normally I just enjoy myself on holidays and then go back to my normal routine the next day but that is really hard for a lot of people to do! It has taken me some time to be able to do this...like a couple years, seriously! 


I decided to do a post with some food ideas for the 4th of July! 


This is my absolute fav! I made this a couple years ago and it was a hit. Plus it is seriously SO easy and you can make it ahead of time if you need to bring it to a party! Of course its from Skinny Taste...that woman Gina is amazing.


Red, White, and Blueberry Trifle






















Ingredients 

-10 oz angel food cake, cut into 1-inch cubes
-2 pints strawberries, sliced
-2 pints blueberries

For the cream filling

-6 tbsp fat-free sweetened condensed milk
-1 1/2 cups cold water
-1 package sugar-free white chocolate instant pudding mix (personally I used regular pudding, not sugar free)
-12 oz fat-free frozen whipped topping, thawed (personally I used regular cool whip, not the fat free)

Directions

Whisk the condensed milk and water in a bowl. Whisk in the pudding mix for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set then fold in the whipped topping.

Arrange half of the cake in the bottom of a 14-cup trifle dish. Sprinkle evenly with a layer of blueberries. Spread half of the cream mixture over the blueberries and gently spread (I piped it using a plastic bag and cut the corner off). Top with a layer of strawberries. Layer the remaining cake cubes on top of the strawberries, then add more blueberries and top with the remaining cream mixture. Finish with the remaining strawberries and blueberries, arranging them in a pretty pattern. Cover and refrigerate at least one 1 hour.


If you don't have a trifle dish you could use any clear dish that is deep that will display the beautiful layers!




Another great idea is to make use of all the amazing fresh fruit and veggies that are in the stores and farmers markets!


This is a cute way to serve watermelon!



Photo credit unknown



I'm pretty sure we will be having portobello burgers tomorrow! Maybe Dan will have a turkey burger or regular hamburger but I feel like some burgers are in order!

I made this one a couple weeks ago and it was so good.

Double Portobello Burgers and Veggie Kabobs

Recipe for burgers adapted from Martha Stewart

Ingredients
8 portobello mushrooms, stemmed
3 tbsp of olive oil
himalayan salt and black pepper
28oz can of plum tomatoes, quartered
5 garlic cloves, sliced thin
1/8 red pepper flakes
4 buns of your choice
Vegan cheese shreds (I used regular shredded cheddar for Dan's)
1 bunch of kale

Directions
Preheat the oven to 450 and place mushrooms on baking sheet stem side down. Brush with 1 tbsp of olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Toss tomatoes with 1 tbsp of olive oil, garlic, and crushed red pepper flakes on lined baking sheet. Roast mushrooms and tomatoes for 25 minutes and halfway through flip the mushrooms and give the tomatoes a stir.

Meanwhile wash, dry, de-rib and chop the kale. Heat 1tbsp of olive oil in a pot on the stove and once hot add kale and simply saute. Season with salt, pepper, and a tad of garlic powder.

Once mushrooms and tomatoes are done toast buns and assemble your burgers with the tomatoes, kale, cheese, and mushrooms. Each burger can have 2 mushrooms and place the cheese between the mushrooms so it gets all melty and yummy!

*You can also grill the mushrooms if you prefer, which I might try!!

Another thing we have been loving is veggie kabobs! Just cut up whatever veggies you love, season with any seasonings, and grill them up! Sooo good and the beauty of making your own is you can customize with veggies you like. I've also seen them premade at Trader Joes :)

Also try making your own infused water! A combo we love is mint, cucumber, lemon, and ginger. It is so refreshing!

Photo and recipe from Carolina Charm

Ingredients

8.5 cups of water
1 tsp of ginger, grated
1 cucumber, sliced (I use an english cucumber)
1 lemon (I bump it up to 2, we really like lemon)
12 mint leaves

Just throw all the ingredients into a pitcher and refridgerate overnight and its ready to go in the morning.


I hope you all have an amazing holiday with family and friends! Be safe and I will be announcing the winner for the giveaway tonight! <3

Xo
-Nat








No comments:

Post a Comment