Tuesday, June 18, 2013

What we have been up to!

We have been so busy this past week! We went on vacation to California. We had such a great time! We got to spend some quality time with Dan's Grandmother, Mom, and nephew as well. I feel so blessed that Lee and I are welcomed into such an amazing, caring family.

We stayed in Escondido and visited the beaches in Oceanside and Carlsbad. We also went to Disneyland and California Adventure. It was a trip of firsts for Lee. First time at the beach and first time going to Disney and California Adventure. We made so many wonderful memories that we will carry with us for the rest of our lives. Here are some pictures!


My world!

So proud watching his Daddy ride the waves

He wanted this!

This is a moment I will remember forever. I had no idea Dan was snapping pictures and I'm so glad he did.

 Oceanside Pier

 The best moment of Lee's life! If you don't know...Mickey is his best friend!

 I was pretty excited too and couldn't resist some Minnie Ears

 Teacups! They still make me just as nauseous as they did when I was a child.


My fav! My boys AND It's a Small World.

Who doesn't love Winnie the Pooh!?

 California Adventure was awesome!



 Lee was upset after this because he wanted to take a ride INSIDE Lightning McQueen.

 And after 12+ hours Lee couldn't hang anymore!


Now it is back to reality for us! I do feel refreshed as ever after the vacation since we do not have the opportunity to take many due to school and work. Last week I got back to working out after the Ultimate Reset. It felt so good to be back! My strength wasn't 100% back to where I was pre-reset but that is expected so I took it easy on the lifting so I wouldn't hurt myself. Dan also got back to it and said he feels great!

Here was my workout schedule for last week:

Monday-Legs and core with HIIT on the treadmill
Tuesday-Upper body with HIIT on the stairmill
Wednesday-Hot yoga (I missed this SO much)

Thursday through Sunday I didn't do much other than walk a ton since we were on vacation!

As far as food goes my favorite recipe I made from last week was Chipotle Pineapple Veggie Fajitas.




Chipotle Pineapple Veggie Fajitas
recipe from Lace, etc.

1-2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, chopped small (I used 3 because we like things really spicy)
1 can pineapple chunks, drained (personally I used half of a fresh pineapple)
2 tbsp olive oil 
3 bell peppers (I did a mixture of red, yellow, and orange for color variation)
1 large onion 

Below are the items I used for serving:
Small tortillas
Black beans cooked with a little olive oil, onions, minced garlic, cumin, chile powder, himalayan salt, and black pepper.
Avocado 
Multi colored tomatoes from the farmers market

On Dan's I added cheddar cheese and chicken.

-Preheat oven to 425F.  Combine pineapple chunks and chipotle peppers in roasting pan and roast for 20-25 minutes.

-Meanwhile, slice bell peppers and onions.  Heat a nonstick pan over medium high heat.  Saute the peppers and onions until your heart desires depending on how crisp you like your veggies.

-Dan's chicken was seasoned with chile powder, cumin, garlic powder, himalayan salt, and black pepper and then grilled.

-Serve with toppings

The combination of sweet, savory, and spicy is phenomenal! 




And lastly my tip for today for Tip Tuesday is to lift! I am directing this specifically towards the ladies because I know women are worried lifting will make them look manly or big. I used to be worried about that but it is so not the case. I have been lifting and I do not look manly. Muscle burns fat so you will actually achieve your goals quicker if you lift. Hours and hours of cardio is going to take you longer and you won't achieve that beautiful, toned look. So lift! And don't be afraid to lift heavy!! There are wonderful home fitness programs by Beachbody that can help you achieve this or you can simply go to the gym and lift! Or lift at home! The possibilities are endless. I know when I started to incorporate lifting into my workout regimen when I did Brazil Butt Lift I started seeing results faster and I was hooked on incorporating weights and lifting from that point on.








I hope you all are having a great week!

-Nat











No comments:

Post a Comment