Monday, May 13, 2013

Getting Started!


Wow I've taken FOREVER to get this blog up and running! I'm not very tech savvy ;) I plan on posting everything here!! Family life, wedding planning, fitness, nutrition, fashion, makeup...yes so everything!! So here is my first post!

Our weekend was great. Saturday was a lot of prep work for family coming over for Mother's Day. Cleaning, cooking, etc you know the usual. Yesterday was wonderful. I got up and went on a trail run, my new addiction. I like running intervals on the treadmill so I don't get bored and trail runs provide that! Plus you have some beautiful scenery! If you have never done a trail run its basically running a hiking trail. I pretty much run as much as I can and take breaks to walk when I need to. Its usually on the downhill parts because I don't want to fall as I'm running down a hill.



After that I came home and drank my trusty Shakeology! I swear I slurped it down in 2 minutes, it was so good! Then I got ready for family coming over and started cooking! We had such a nice day. The kids are sooooo much fun. We got some great pictures too! 


Lee and I


Dan, Lee, and I. Gosh this picture makes me SO happy!



Dan working the grill! We had some yummy food!

The carne asada was a hit as usual! Also the mini mexican pizzas I made were a hit! I will post the recipes for both below.

All in all it was a great weekend!! I hope all of you had a great one too!

-Nat


Carne Asada Marinade
slightly adapted from This Mama Cooks On A Diet

1 cup of vinegar (any kind works, I've used white, apple cider, and malt and they are all good!)
1/4 cup fresh lime juice
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
1/3 cup orange juice
1 cup of water
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1 tbsp black pepper
1 tbsp cumin
1 tbsp oregano
1 tsp sea salt
A couple pinches of ground cloves
1 orange sliced
1/2 bunch of cilantro

Whisk all ingredients except for the last two then throw the meat, marinade, sliced orange, and cilantro in a bag! Let marinade for at least 24 hours! This is enough so marinate up to 3lbs of meat. 



Mini Mexican Pizzas

Makes 12 mini pizzas

4 large whole wheat tortillas (La Tortilla brand is the best!)
1 cup of cooked ground turkey
1/2 cup of salsa
2 tsp of taco seasoning
1/2 cup refried beans
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Optional additional toppings are olives, tomatoes, green chiles, etc! Get creative!

  • Preheat oven to 400 degrees and spray muffin tin with non stick spray.

  • Cut circles out of your tortillas. Lay flat and use a glass, empty can, or cookie cutter to get 12 circles. You should be able to get 4 circles out of each tortilla. 

  • Press circles into muffin tin.

  • Mix ground turkey, salsa, taco seasoning, and refried beans in bowl until well combined.

  • Divide mixture equally into the tortilla circles you pressed into your muffin tin.

  • Top with shredded cheese and any additional toppings you would like.

  • Bake in preheated oven for 12-15 minutes. 








No comments:

Post a Comment