Thursday, May 23, 2013

Ultimate Reset Day 3

Day 3 :)




The smile is because on day 3 I felt MUCH better!



The Food:




Breakfast was 2 eggs, steamed kale, and sprouted grain toast. Much like day 1! But I didn't scramble our eggs because I don't particularly enjoy scrambled eggs. We both liked this meal but found ourselves VERY hungry waiting for lunch. I drank so much water trying to hold myself over.

Lunch was a microgreen salad and lentil-lime salad. We really loved the lentil-lime salad! It had great flavor. Neither of us finished all of our lunch. It was a ton of food.

We both had a snack of celery and natural peanut butter.

Dinner was nori rolls with tempeh, japanese cucumber salad, and miso soup. I was so proud of myself for making the rolls myself. I tried a piece of tempeh before I put it in my roll and it was alright. Not sure how I feel about it! I know it is on the menu for days to come so I wanted to try it first by itself. Tempeh is new to us! If you don't know what it is it's basically an alternative for vegetarians and vegans that is made from soy beans. The tempeh we got was from Trader Joe's and was made from soy beans, rice, barley, and millet. It has a very different texture than tofu. The taste on its own could be described as kind of nutty. I think if I were to experiment with it and more freedom with seasonings and sauces it could be a great addition to our diet after the reset! As far as the miso soup, same feeling as day 1. The japanese cucumber salad had great flavor but honestly we are both sick of cucumbers for some reason and we both used to love them. I think because all 3 days we had salads with a bunch of cucumbers and then a cucumber salad at night we were like enough with the cucumbers! But I know they are good for you so that is that :) Eat your cucumbers people!

We both drank all of our gallons of water and then some! Staying hydrated is key to this program, along with the supplements and food! But like anything else you need to stay hydrated. Water does the body good.


Thoughts:

We both liked the food today and there was nothing we didn't like. Dan said he felt good on day 3 and had no complaints! I felt so much better. My headache was gone and I was not as tired as the day before. Thank goodness because day 2 was honestly pretty tough. It is crazy how detoxing from caffeine and sugar can make you feel so horrible. It makes me wonder and think about what I was previously putting into my body. Off topic but the detox from sugar made me think of when Lee says "Sugar may taste good but its bad for your teeth". He watches some show called Sam Sandwich where they promote healthy eating and he says that is what Sam Sandwich says. If you have young kids you might have seen it!

Here is Sam Sandwich and his friend Sal the Broccoli





My food cravings have gone away and I'm not saying that I don't miss cheese and goodies but I'm just not being negative about the food! Now I have come to accept that I'm really putting good things in my body and my body will thank me for this. Stay tuned tomorrow for the Day 4 update!

-Nat

No comments:

Post a Comment